New Projects & Vision of KMC:
- The KMC is also trying to bring out one Incinerator Unit for the treatment of common Bio-Medical Waste of Kohima and One Crematorium for the Hindu Community in particular through NPCB and to be funded by CPCB. For which KMC & NPCB officials have initiated and visited CPCB officials at New Delhi for preparation of DPRs.
- The KMC along with SIPMIU (IDC) has been working for intensive sensitization for Waste segregation, Primary collection & Waste management at household level since June 2014. First round of sensitization is almost over. Under KMC ,SWM awareness month (i.e.May) KMC is organizing a ‘Mass Flexi-Banner Campaign” in public places with the help of SIPMIU, where some permanent awareness boards on SWM, Water Conservation, Power & General environment issues will be displayed.
- KMC is targeting & trying its best to gear up to tackle the basic waste menace of the Kohima City by 2020.
- KMC & SIPMIU is also doing an exercise for House mapping and other data collections for water, electricity, number of household, educational institute & health facilities in respective wards under KMC jurisdiction for future Urban Planning and also for providing better Urban Utility Services by both State Govt. & ULBs.
- KMC & SIPMIU have taken up a pilot project in ward 13 & 14 for SWM awareness & segregation of waste since July 2015 and distributed about two sets of 4,400 household bins & 2,200 for commercial (Blue & Green).
- Under SIPMIU Project, KMC is setting up a Recycled Unit/Plant at Lirie adjacent to the land fill to encourage & provide modern facilities, especially to Rag pickers & other individuals/parties engaged in the business.
- KMC is also getting a Septage Management Treatment Plant under SIPMIU Project to tackle the menace of septic tank scientifically at Dzuruzou, about 14 Kms from Kohima.
KMC have introduced a Garbage collection at New Secretariat Area wef July 2015 under its “Clean Kohima” campaign mainly for the Government departments.